By: Kin Kinsley – Senior Writer
Iowa State (2-9) at #3 TCU (10-1)
12:00pm ET – ABC
Line – Iowa State +34.0
Offensive points per game: 25.0
Defensive points per game: 37.4
Offensive yards per game: 384.9
Rushing yards per game: 127.7
Passing yards per game: 257.2
Defensive yards per game: 511.4
Rushing yards allowed per game: 250.7
Passing yards allowed per game: 260.6
Offensive points per game: 46.1
Defensive points per game: 21.9
Offensive yards per game: 525.8
Rushing yards per game: 210.5
Passing yards per game: 315.4
Defensive yards per game: 370.7
Rushing yards allowed per game: 120.1
Passing yards allowed per game: 250.6
What you need to know:
- TCU scores 46.1 point a game (second in the Big 12), while Iowa State gives up 37.4 (second worst in the Big 12). On the other side, the Cyclones scores just 25.0 a game (eighth in the conference) and TCU gives up just 21.9.
- Iowa State is 17-172-2 all-time against ranked opponents. They have lost their last 11 games against ranked opponents. The last win was at TCU on October 6, 2012.
- Tight end E.J. Bibbs, one of the top at his position in the nation, will be a game time decision Saturday because of a knee injury. His eight touchdowns and 4.5 catches per game are best nationally among “Power Five” tight ends.
- Cyclone quarterback Sam Richardson is finishing up one of the best seasons in program history. He already ranks in the top-ten single season records for completions (238), touchdown passes (18), total offense (2,942), passing yards (2,517) and completion percentage (57.9).
- Running back Aaron Wimberly has averaged 82.2 rushing yards over the last five games. He has scored five touchdowns and averages 5.3 yards per carry in that span.
- With a victory, TCU can win their first Big 12 title, in only their third season in the conference.
- TCU’s offense is the most improved nationally in both yards (181.0) and points (21.0) per game.
- Quarterback Trevone Boykin is fourth nationally and leads the Big 12 with 350.2 yards per game of total offense. He has already set program single season records for passing yards, total offense and touchdowns responsible for with Saturday’s game left to play.
- J. Catalon leads the team with ten rushing touchdowns on the season, on just 98 carries. Aaron Green leads TCU with 750 rushing yards and he has topped 100 yards in three of the last five games. His 7.65 yards per carry average is third in Big 12 history.
- Seventeen players on the Frogs have caught a pass this season. Josh Doctson leads the team with 50 receptions, 808 yards and eight scores through the air.
- Jaden Oberkrom leads the conference in total scoring (123) and points per game (11.2). He is 63-of-64 on extra points and 20-for-24 on field goals.
- Chris Hackett leads the Big 12 and is tied for fifth nationally with 0.5 interceptions per game.
- Paul Dawson is the only player in the nation with at least 100 tackles, five sacks and four interceptions.
Oklahoma State (5-6) at #20 Oklahoma (8-3)
3:30pm ET – ABC
Line – Oklahoma State +21.0
Offensive points per game: 26.5
Defensive points per game: 31.7
Offensive yards per game: 369.7
Rushing yards per game: 137.5
Passing yards per game: 232.3
Defensive yards per game: 438.5
Rushing yards allowed per game: 155.6
Passing yards allowed per game: 282.8
Offensive points per game: 39.3
Defensive points per game: 23.5
Offensive yards per game: 485.6
Rushing yards per game: 265.4
Passing yards per game: 220.3
Defensive yards per game: 382.0
Rushing yards allowed per game: 109.4
Passing yards allowed per game: 272.6
What you need to know:
- Oklahoma State needs to win this game to be bowl game eligible.
- Mason Rudolph looks to be getting the start at quarterback for the Cowboys. He started against Baylor after an injury to starter Daxx Garman. Rudolph threw for 281 yards and two touchdowns against the Bears.
- Desmond Roland has rushed for 579 yards and eight touchdowns for the Cowboys. All-purpose man Tyreek Hill has added 496 and a score.
- Hill is second in the Big 12 and 15th nationally with 147.7 all purpose yards per game. He has returned two kickoffs for touchdowns, tied for most nationally.
- Defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah leads the Big 12 and is fourth nationally among linemen with 1.0 sacks per game. His 1.5 tackles for loss per game is second in the conference and seventh nationally.
- Oklahoma starting quarterback Trevor Knight will not play in the game. Head coach Bob Stoops said this week that he hopes that he will be available for the Sooners’ bowl game. Cody Thomas will get his third start at quarterback.
- With Knight out, expect the Sooners to feed running back Samaje Perine. He leads the Big 12 in rushing yards (1,428), rushing yards per game (129.8) and rushing touchdowns (19). He has rushed for 640 yards and eight touchdowns in the last two games.
- Leading receiver Sterling Shepard is questionable for the game.
- Linebacker Dominique Alexander is fourth in the conference with 8.5 tackles per game. This includes 5.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks.
#9 Kansas State (9-2) at #6 Baylor (10-1)
7:45pm ET – ESPN
Line – Kansas State +8.0
Offensive points per game: 36.6
Defensive points per game: 20.3
Offensive yards per game: 428.1
Rushing yards per game: 146.5
Passing yards per game: 281.6
Defensive yards per game: 341.0
Rushing yards allowed per game: 120.2
Passing yards allowed per game: 220.8
Offensive points per game: 49.8
Defensive points per game: 23.9
Offensive yards per game: 581.1
Rushing yards per game: 240.9
Passing yards per game: 340.2
Defensive yards per game: 364.5
Rushing yards allowed per game: 108.1
Passing yards allowed per game: 256.4
What you need to know:
- College Gameday will broadcast from Waco.
- Kansas State leads the all time series 7-4.
- Maxwell and Davey O’Brien Awards semifinalist Jake Waters has thrown for 200+ yards in 12 consecutive games. He is fourth in the Big 12 in total offense with 300.3 yards a game. He is the Wildcats’ second leading rusher (440 yards) and has eight scores.
- Running back Charles Jones leads the team with 12 scores on the ground and 476 rushing yards.
- Receiver Tyler Lockett is the only player in the nation with 1,000+ yards receiving and 300+ yards in both punt and kick returns. He is the career leader in program history in receptions and receiving yards and is tied for the touchdown record with his father Kevin.
- Curry Sexton has added 970 receiving yards and five receiving touchdowns.
- Linebacker Jonathan Truman is the first Kansas State player since 2003 to post back-to-back 100+ tackle seasons. His 9.2 tackles rank third in the conference and 33rd
- Baylor leads the country in total offense (581.1 ypg) and scoring offense (49.8ppg).
- Bryce Petty has been cleared to play after suffering a concussion Saturday.
- Shock Linwood is second in the Big 12 with 103.2 rushing yards per game. He has scored 15 touchdowns on the ground.
- Receiver Corey Coleman leads the conference with 116 yards receiving per game, is tied for first with ten receiving touchdowns and is third in catches per game (6.6).
- Linebacker Bryce Hager is eighth in the Big 12 with 8.1 tackles a game.