With national signing day less than two months away BlueGoldSports.com will start bringing you updates every Tuesday and Friday mornings of the latest happenings surrounding WVU targets.
-Dana Holgorsen made a trip to Miami Fl. this week to visit 4 star ATH Tim Irvin in what will presumably be the last time the Mountaineers and Coach Holgorsen have a chance to make an impression on Irvin before he makes his decision. Irvin, an Army All-American, has originally planned to make his decision during the All-American game on January 3rd. Florida, Miami, and Texas are just a few of the schools vying for Irvin.
-3 star WR out of Stafford, VA, Gary Jennings, has been on the Mountaineers radar for some time. Jennings was thought to be a Wisconsin lean up until the Badgers coach, Gary Anderson, announced he was leaving for Oregon St. Whether or not this puts WVU back in the mix is uncertain but Lonnie Galloway has not yet given up on the versatile WR.
– 3 star JUCO (Riverside C.C.) WR Isaac Whitney is very high on the Mountaineers recruiting board. Whitney, who will graduate in December will be on campus this weekend for his official visit. Whitney is considered a USC lean but getting him on campus will be huge for the staff. With JUCO national signing day coming next Wednesday I am told Whitney will make his announcement the following day.
– Speaking of national signing day, expect WVU to get official LOI from Larry Jefferson next Wednesday. Xavier Pegues did not graduate early and will not sign until February.
– 4 star JUCO (Nassau C.C.) CB Rasul Douglas is also close to making a decision. Douglas will have 3 years to play 2 and has narrowed his list down to WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers. Douglas was originally supposed to make his decision last month but pushed it back. Just like Whitney, expect a decision within the next week.
– Another prospect high on the Mountaineers list is Tim Irvin’s teammate and fellow All-American Jordan Cronkrite. The 4 star ATH is being recruited as a RB at WVU by Damon Cogdell and JaJuan Seider. The Mountaineers are competing with Miami and Texas for his services. Cronkrite was originally committed to the Canes before reopening his recruitment.
-The name Jamie Herr should be familiar to anyone who follows recruiting. Herr originally committed to WVU in the 2014 class before reclassifying for the 2015 class. The Mountaineers are still his favorite although he is getting alot of attention from other schools. The 6’5 270 lb offensive tackle plans to enroll in January, do not be surprised to see him in Morgantown.
-WVU is very confident on 3 star ATH Sihiem King out of Moultrie, GA. The 5’9, 172 lb ATH has had the Mountaineers as his favorite ever since he learned of his offer by recruiter Shannon Dawson.
– 4 star all purpose back out of Garner, NC, Nyheim Hines, still has WVU on his short list despite his heavy recruitment from multiple schools. He still has plans on making an official visit to Morgantown although he has yet to set a date. He is visiting Virginia Tech this weekend. Many feel though he may stay close to home.
-Lastly Tyson Cisrow, a 3 star CB out of Ft Lauderdale, FL has had WVU in his final 3 for some time now. WVU and Penn State were originally his target schools until Utah got in the mix late. Duke is also making a hard push on the 6’0 185 lb senior. Cisrow may have prolonged his decision too long though as he has fallen on the Mountaineers recruiting board.