- Jordan Whitehead is currently committed to Pittsburgh. However, Tony Gibson has continued to stay in contact with the 4 star CB and has recently made a visit to him.
- Chazmyn Turner is currently committed to Purdue but is taking a visit to the WVU campus this weekend. Turner and the Mountaineers have always had interest in each other so there could be something there this weekend.
- Gary Jennings has been high on the Mountaineers and WVU has made him the #1 priority for this class. He visited UVA this past weekend and with the Chris Beatty hire, the Cavaliers look like the team to beat.
- Jordan Cronkrite is a wildcard in this class. He is very interested in WVU and the Mountaineers showed their interest this week by sending Dana Holgorsen, JuJuan Seider, Lonnie Galloway, and Damon Cogdell to visit with the star RB. Florida looks like the team to beat but with the bull rush this week by WVU, it could pay off come National Signing Day.
- Ke’Shawn Vaughn looks like the Mountaineers choice at the RB position. After a visit to ND this past weekend, Vaughn quickly eliminated the Irish from his list, making WVU the favorite to sign the coveted RB.
- Mark Walton is yet another recruit who is consequently visiting WVU this weekend. While he is committed to Miami there is a (more than fair) possibility that he may flip before national signing day.
- Shaquery Wilson is currently committed to Georgia and has been for some time. Despite his commitment he is still planning on visiting WVU this weekend as well and many feel he is still a possible commit although the recent offer from Florida may take that off the table.
- There is less certainty about 4 star RB TJ Simmons who recently decommitted from UCLA and named WVU in his final 3 along with Marshall and Temple. There is less of a possibility of a commitment from Simmons although it is still possible.
- Rob Dowdy who was originally committed to Pittsburgh but reopened his recruitment a few weeks ago is planning visiting this weekend as well. Dowdy is a definite possibility for the Mountaineers.
- Kahlil Welsh is yet another recruit committed elsewhere that is planning on visiting Morgantown before NSD. Welsh is committed to Wake Forest.
- Lastly Rocky Reid (has WVU in top 3), Antonio Callaway, Ka’Raun White, Sihiem King, and Emonee Spence are all also planning on visiting within the next two weeks.
WVU is targeting a lot of key pieces to cap off this class but where will the space come from? Obviously Dana Holgorsen and staff know the numbers and have a game plan. Regardless of whether there are verbal commitments this weekend or not WVU has stocked the shelves too full. The next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting for the WVU football program.
Co-written by Jeremy Simon and Travis Stone