This time of the year is not only an important time for college sports, but also a very important time for college athletes who are taking their talents to the NFL, where multiple Mountaineers will show off their talents off at the NFL Combine starting on the 26th of February.
In a recent mock draft by CBS Sports they have the Mountaineers listed with five players being drafted as of now. These will likely change after the NFL Combine and WVU’s Pro Day, and we will update these projections as the draft draws closer.
- Karl Joseph is projected to go 112th overall and is rated 4th best in his position with some analysts having him as the best in his position.
- K.J. Dillon is projected to go 169th overall and is the 6th position.
- Wendell Smallwood is projected to go 198th overall and is the 17th best in his position.
- Daryl Worley is projected 206th overall and is the 26th best at his position.
- Nick Kwiatkoski is projected 250th overall and is the 10th best at his positon.
- Nick O’Toole is projected to go undrafted and is the 5th best at his positon.
The field for the Mountaineers is very large this year and there is a large chance we are going to be seeing our seniors play on Sundays.