Programs across the country are making the final pushes as we get closer to National Signing Day. Dana Holgorsen and his staff are on the recruiting trail looking to finalize a solid 2015 class. West Virginia has made a push over the last few weeks to target committed and uncommitted prospects.
While the staff is working to finish the ’15 cycle, several offers went out this past week to 2016 prospects. The weekend of January 31 looks to be the first Junior Day at WVU.
Before we get to 2016 offers, lets update where West Virginia stands with 2015 prospects.
- Colonial Forge (Va) wide receiver Gary Jennings has had WVU in his top group, but the recent hiring of Chris Beatty at Virginia could put the Cavs in the drivers seat. Jennings is visiting West Virginia and UNC before he makes his decision.
- West Virginia has already had two Miramar kids decommit, and there was fear of a third with Kahlil Lewis visiting Louisville over the weekend. Although Lewis had a good time at Louisville, he’s still committed to West Virginia.
- Miramar defensive back Kendrell McFadden decommitted from WVU a few weeks ago, but that’s a situation where the door isn’t closed just yet.
- Miami (FL) running back commitment Mark Walton remains solid with the Canes, but WVU is working to get the back on campus. In fact, Walton will visit Georgia and West Virginia in the coming weeks. It seems Walton won’t waiver from his pledge to Miami.
- Sihiem King is another running back on the Mountaineers board. King is a fast back from Georgia that visited Wake Forest over the weekend. King will now focus on visits to Washington State and West Virginia.
- Offensive tackle Rob Dowdy will be one to watch next weekend.
- St. Thomas Aquinas defensive back Tyson Cisrow committed to Utah on Sunday evening.
- Sandalwood High School (FL) 2015 defensive tackle Kahlil Welsh committed to Wake Forest back in November, but the 2-star prospect received a phone call from West Virginia safeties coach Joe DeForest. – Full Story
- Offers keep rolling out of the West Virginia football complex, and the next prospect up is North Broward Prep High School (FL) 2016 wide receiver C.J. Riley. – Full Story
- Late last week, the West Virginia football staff extended offers to a familiar last name. Ka’Raun and Kyzir White, the brothers of senior Kevin White who were both offered by WVU – Full Story
- Last week was good for 2016 Benedictine High School (VA) wide receiver Donaven Tennyson. Full Story
- WVU has other targets on the board, but they added another on Tuesday evening when Pearl Cohn High School (TN) running back Ke’Shawn “Red Mamba” Vaughn added West Virginia – Full Story
- Last week WVU reached out to Arizona State commitment Alfred Smith from Destrehan High School (LA). Full Story
- One prospect the Mountaineers have been on since December of 2013 is Coral Gables High School (FL) wide receiver Shaquery Wilson. – Full Story
- St. Francis Academy (MD) High School cornerback Kareem Felder has already recevied 10 offers from programs across the country, with West Virginia throwing their name in the mix in November. – Full Story
- It was a busy Tuesday evening around the West Virginia University football complex.First, the Mountaineers offered 2015 Pearl-Cohn High School (TN) running back Ke’Shawn Vaughn. Then West Virginia offers his teammate, 2016 athlete Rontavius Groves. – Full Story
- 2016 Woodrow Wilson High School (D.C.) running back Abdul Adams has watched his recruitment takeoff over the last few months. – Full Story
- ACC schools have lined up to watch 2016 North Davidson (N.C.) running back Kennedy McKoy, but one Big 12 team has entered the mix for the talented prospect. – Full Story
Remember, you can follow Mountaineer recruiting and athletics around the clock for free on these platforms.
BlueGoldSports.com – http://www.bluegoldsports.com/
BlueGoldSports Free Message Board & Forms – http://www.bluegoldsports.com/forum/
BlueGoldSports on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/bluegoldsports?ref=bookmarks
BlueGoldSports on Twitter – https://twitter.com/Blue_GoldSports