Coming off of winning the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational, the No. 20 WVU basketball team is set to tip-off at 12:30 p.m., at the WVU Coliseum, Saturday, December 5 against Kennesaw State.
This is the first ever meeting between the two teams and the second team WVU will face from the Atlantic Sun Conference. The game will be televised on ROOT Sports.
Kennesaw State is 2-7 on the season with a 61-41 win over Florida A&M Wednesday. The Owls are 0-5 on the road this season losing to Alabama, LSU, Arizona State, Samford and Elon.
The Mountaineers are beginning the season at 6-0 for the second year in a row. Last year, their win streak came to an end with a one point loss to LSU.
Al Skinner is in his first season as head coach at Kennesaw State, but has coached for 23 years with an overall 387-298 record. Skinner is 13-11 against West Virginia; 7-3 at Boston College and 6-8 at Rhode Island. This will be his 12th visit to the Coliseum.
Devin Williams is coming off of his 5th double double this season. He was named the tournament MVP at the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational.
Jevon Carter and Daxter Miles were named to the all tourney team.
Probable Kennesaw State Starters
- #2 Jordan Jones Sophomore Forward averaging 2.1 points per game and 2.6 rebounds per game
- #1 Nigel Pruitt Senior Forward averaging 9.3 ppg and 4.4 rpg
- #4 Yonel Brown Senior Guard averaging 17.2 ppg and 3.8 rpg
- #0 Kendrick Ray Junior Guard averaging 14.8 ppg and 6.1 rpg
- #21 Nick Masterson Sophomore Guard averaging 4.4 ppg and 1.1 rpg
- #41 Devin Williams Junior Forward/ Third in the nation in double-double
- #1 Jonathan Holton Senior Forward/ Averaging 9.2 ppg and 7.3 rpg
- #23 Esa Ahmad Freshman Forward/ Averaging 6.5 ppg and 4.2 rpg
- #2 Jevon Carter Sophomore Guard/ Set WVU freshman record for steals with 67
- #4 Daxter Miles Jr. Sophomore Guard/ Has started every game of his career