- WVU Football: WVU vs N.C. State Announced
- ESPN’s Trevor Matich sits down with Jeff Culhane
- WVU FB – Dana Wants Pitt on the Schedule!
- WVU Target Sets Return Trip to Morgantown for Showtime Camp
- Dana Holgorsen press conference Big 12 Media Day
- WVU to meet Tennessee in Charlotte in 2018
- Billy Fleming signs with Yankees
- Big 12 FB – Wrap on Day 1 – Media Days
- WVU Ice Hockey Schedule Announced for 2014-2015
- WVU fans have spoken and our Big 12 rival is…
WVU: Holgorsen Names Clint Trickett Starter
- Updated: June 24, 2014
The wait is officially over.
West Virginia University head football coach Dana Holgorsen announced this afternoon that Clint Trickett is 100% and has been named the Mountaineers starting quarterback for 2014.
Here is the press release via WVU Sports Communication.
West Virginia University football coach Dana Holgorsen has announced that Clint Trickett will be the team’s starting quarterback entering the 2014 season.“Clint is 100 percent healthy and is ready to play.” Holgorsen says. “He worked hard last season and showed a lot of ability and leadership and deserves the chance to lead the team as a senior. He will be our starter.”Trickett saw action in eight games, with seven starts, as a redshirt junior in 2013 after transferring to WVU from Florida State. He completed 123-of-233 passes for 1,605 yards and seven touchdowns.Trickett earned his first start of the 2013 season against No. 11 Oklahoma State and led the Mountaineers to the 30-21 victory. He completed 24-of-50 passes for 309 yards and a touchdown. He also finished with a season-high 356 yards on 21-of-37 passing and a season-high two touchdowns against Iowa State in the season finale.The Mountaineers’ season gets underway Saturday, Aug. 30, when WVU faces Alabama at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, at 3:30 p.m., in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game. WVU’s opens the home portion of its schedule on Saturday, Sept. 6, against Towson, at 7:30 p.m., at Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium.